Monday, July 2, 2012

6 months and lots of feelings


CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR HALF-BIRTHDAY, OUR HAPPY MIRACLE!
If you look really carefully, you'll see his first tooth, too :)
It grows every minute!
 Incredible, how time flies. Today, my parents left us and flew back to Estonia. Luckily, we are soon off to visit them. Jennifer is so used to kiss and hug them goodnight and Erik loves to be held by my mother and seems to have a very special connection to my father, too. But boy, does the house feel hollow today. Agne too had to leave for a business trip. All the sudden I'm all alone with my two treasures and fury friends.

I have been thinking a lot lately, how incredible it really is, that we have Erik. How fantastic our doctors, Yashodhara and Sudhir truly are. What an amazing journey we made in order to have another child. We really really worked hard and travelled far, we gave everything we had (and could loan) and we were so blessed. He was there for us.
Each and every child is a miracle. Erik is too, given to us by a fantastic lady, mrs N. As easily as Jennifer came to us, as hard was it to have Erik. Interestingly, still, they are same. Both as adorable, as dearly beloved and created by same parents. We needed  HELP and helping each others, loving is what man kind is made to do.

It was a horrible pain to learn that I no longer could carry a child. Coming home from the hospital, holding a 4 months baby Jennifer in my hands and knowing she is the only one who got to grow in my perfect uterus, now gone, was totally terrifying. There was such a conflict in my head. On one hand I was just her mother, nursing and taking care of my baby. On the other hand, someone had made it impossible to get pregnant. I knew I had had cancer but I had never felt ill. I was still in my happy-first -time-parent-bubble and someone popped it with a big BANG! What should I do now? Would Agne still want me? Would I survive? What about my plan of being a surrogate for my sister?

Sitting here, 2 1/2 years later, holding this little miracle who loves sleeping on my arm, milk drunk and adorable, I feel so blessed. Thanks to this little child, I have a complete family. Thanks to him I have a husband (we probably would never married if it wasn't for the legal process of getting custody of Erik), Jennifer has someone to grow up with, to play with and lean on when they are grown. Thanks to Erik, I have met so many incredible persons - drs Sudhir and Yash, everyone of team Surrogacy India, our surrogate, N, and her family, dr. Bijal Shrivastava and all the wonderful nurses of Hiranandani hospital. Our dear friends Amit and Heena, Nutan and Jasbinder. I wouldn't have my Indian Brother. We got to see and love a whole new country far, far away from Sweden. I LOVE India! I love my family! I love our little Wiking. Made in India, still so Nordic.
Happy to have eachother
Erik has popped his second tooth today. He's a healthy baby, a good eater - at least for now. I am so lucky each time I scoop spoons with food into his mouth. It's so much fun :) Hopefully he'll keep up the good spirit of eating.
Strawberries are soooo good!

While my mom and Erik inspected the berries,
Jennifer was so amazed to see such a big amount of strawberries

 He is getting very very interested in discovering the world. Erik grabs things you give to him and those you don't. He studies persons around him and is so aware of everything. He starts to practice crawling and tries to sit on his own.
Nothing's like sitting in your own backyard


A good, soft place to practice sitting.


                                                                                                                 

















Every week I help someone who is about to start or in the middle of their surrogacy road. I love it. When we were about to start our surrogacy journey, I knew so little and there were so few people in Sweden who could help me. SI hadn't had so many Swedish customers yet. I searched for information day and night, so happy there was an international forum, the Surrogacy India forum. Today, when I share the hope, excitement, joy and sorrow of others, I feel so blessed. I am so happy to help but also SO happy our road is complete and almost over - just waiting for the Court to give me custody of Erik. To make me his legal mother.
I AM SO BLESSED!

4 comments:

  1. What a lovely post. Thank you for sharing it with us! It is people like you that give others so much hope.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! My fingers are crossed so hard for you!!

      Delete
  2. Happy "HALF BIRTHDAY" Erik!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So lovely written of you! You really are an angel always there for everyone that needs help with answers and support. I am so blessed that I got in contact with you. It is for contact with you, we know are in India hoping for a little miracal.

    Lots of hugs and happy half birthday to Erik.

    Mrs K

    ReplyDelete