Saturday, June 2, 2012

5 months and growing!


Indeed, time flies way to fast. I can tell you all who can't wait to hold your new babies and those who just got their little bubs: if your pregnancy felt elephant-style long andyou thought it would kind of never end; the moment your baby is born, the clocks speed up and the calendars seem to include less days than before. Do I sound like an old wise mom? HAhahahahaaaa, well, I am a mom and every second I watch my precious kids, I feel very humble and grateful.

What's new?
Erik was 100% on breastmilk until May 20. From April 30 till then I gave him extra breastmilk that I had saved. He made a real growth spurt during these 3 weeks and increased his food intake with 50-100 ml. Since May 21, he has been partly on formula (Hipp Baby Combiotik 1 Eco). We manage totally on breastmilk between 10 PM and noon. In the afternoons and evenings he starts by breastfeeding and then takes ca 100 ml 3-4 times depending on sleep and he's appetite. I guess it's about 50% of he's food intake. I ordered a Medela Calma bottle for him but he truly doesn't think it's for eating purpose. He definitely knows there is food in it since he suckles sometimes but he makes very clear that eating is to be done at the breast. (Just like Jennifer  was in this matter) So, I'm very grateful for the existence of Medela SNS.

May 24th my parents arrived from Estonia. They will stay with us until July 2nd and I'm truly happy each day that they are here with me. Mom has already made more in my garden than I could had done during a whole year. We have new beautiful flowers, no weed inbetween them and new raspberry plants. Not to tell you about how greatly my kids are taken care of now :) Erik absolutely loves them. He is so calm with my mom and always instantly starts to "talk" with my dad. Jennifer took a little longer time to learn to trust them as she had not seen them since she was 7 months old but she now is very fond of them both and asks for both vanaema and  vanaisa as soon as they are out of sight.

This tuesday we decided it was time for some serious potty training. Jennifer showed all signs of being ready for it so I really wanted to give it a try. So, we bought some star stickers and "polished our 2 potties"; on wednesday the 30th of May we were off! After Jenni came home from daycare at 11 AM, we just took off her diaper and told her it is time to start to go on the potty. At the end of day 1 I was pretty sure this is going to be a fiasko as she peed on the floor every time and seemed to think it was kind of fun. But we talked about it and decided to give it a try a couple of more days and if there would be no progress, make a few weeks pause.
Day 2  (May 31st) Jenni was playing and having fun. My mother reminded her about the potty but Jenni run away. Suddenly, she run back, sat on her potty and peed! We also got a nr2 in the potty :)
Day 3 (June 1st) I removed her diaper right after waking up. I wanted her to sit on the potty but again, she run away to the living room. From there she shouted "mommy, I peed" so I brought the floor mop. But when I came to the living room, I saw the prettiest pee in the potty!
Today, she has made more progress. She sometimes tells me when she needs to go on the potty, sometimes she just goes to her red throne and does what's has to be done. I must say I'm very proud. I can see how this is partly hard for her as she felt very safe with the diaper. She has been climbing on me these days and I can see that she is more tender than usual. But my little big girl is doing it! Past 24 hours we have only used 2 diapers and the second one is on her now. And there are many pretty stars on her potties! She is so very happy when she joines me to empty the potty and get her new star sticker :)
Jennifer's new photo smile :D


On May 31st, Erik started to turn around from belly to back. From the back, he obviously sees no reason to turn around more than to his side in order to breastfeed. :D I'm very sure he could turn around from back to belly if he wanted to. His legs are very very strong and he loves to stand up ever since he filled 3 months. He grabs for toys and loves to shake them and looks after them if they fall to the floor. He can look into your eyes and see your soul.
Jennifer loves to join Erik in his baby gym

Erik learning from he's biggest idol


I have wonderful children.

Bless you all for reading and I'm wishing you all the very best. 

4 comments:

  1. You do indeed have wonderful children! Way to go Jennifer, such a big girl! Erik is just adorable, you should be so proud of yourself for all the breastmilk he gets.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go! The kids look great! Time is flying by so very fast.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the last picture - they are so cute together!

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are just cuter everytime I see them!!! Great job with the potty - she is really getting the hang of it!!! Best wishes, K xx

    ReplyDelete