Friday, November 2, 2012

10 months! (picture heavy)

Our happy little Mohican :)
At 10 months, Erik:
* Weights 10540 grams
* Measures 72,5 cm
* Has been crawling for several weeks now
* Can stand up against furniture - or me
* Loves to walk with support
* Is still breastfed but only a few times per day - mainly between 3-7 AM
* Loves the bath time with his big sister
* Continues to be a good eater. At the same age, Jennifer weighted 2 kg less than Erik, while being almost as tall as he. Jennifer, on the other hand, has never been a big eater - at least not after 6 months of age when we introduced solid food. Today Erik most often eats as much as she does - at the age of 3. And I wouldn't say he eats supersize portions. Here we really need to think, what's normal for Jennifer and what's for Erik. They are SO different when it comes to food.
* Loves to bite my shoulder when he sits on my hip. He bites HARD. He also fancies my other body parts and I have bite marks that look like snake bites here and there. Nevertheless, he is clever enough not to bite when he is being breastfed.
* Tries to say "tack" ("thanks" in swedish) - "tah-tah," he says. Cute!
* Is getting pretty good at going to sleep in the evening and can self soothe, at least until early morning hours. At that time I just want him to fall asleep ASAP so I pick him up from the crib and nurse him back to sleep as we co-sleep the rest of the night. It works good for us right now. He goes to sleep at 8PM and sleeps until 7-8AM, waking up 2-3 times. During daytime, he has his first nap around 10:30AM as we walk to the daycare to pick up Jennifer. He usually only sleeps around 30 minutes or so. In the afternoon he sleeps somewhere between 2-5PM. Sometimes he sleeps really well, about 2-2,5 hours, sometimes only an hour.

* Loves to swing

* Has got his BCG vaccination which is developing perfectly

November is one of the worst months of the year here in the South of Sweden. The weather is really ugly, being windy, rainy, cold and dark as there is no snow here yet. The days are so short and the trees are naked. We have raked the most of our cherry tree leaves past weekend and there is only a little left for this weekend ahead - if it won't pour the whole time. I wish we could pack our bags and fly to Mumbai...

If you look closely, you can see our cats in their outdoor fence in our backyard

Jennifer has discovered baking and I try to do that with her as often as I possibly can. It's a lot of fun! I wish she would eat what we have baked though, which she rarely does...
Jennifer also has pretty quickly learned how to play Memory. This is a daddy-princess thing. They often play Memory after dinner. I love to see them do that.
Today, as we were walking home from the prescool, Jennifer said she wanted me to take pictures with her and Bessie. I got some fantastic photos, I must say. Jenni is so big now that Bessie trusts her not to be that kind of a terrorist that Erik is, hence she really loves her attention. 
We tried to take a family picture couple of weeks ago. It wasn't the easiest thing to do. We need help with getting a good one!!!

Sending a lot of love to you all. Tons of baby dust to those who still are on the bumpy road of infertility. I deeply hope you will be able to snuggle your own babies soon!!!

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful family! Love the pic with Bessie. We just returned from India last week--sending you all warm thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. gorgeous photos!, my, haven't they grown!!. Thanks for the update! :)

    ReplyDelete