Wednesday, October 3, 2012

9 MONTHS!

Our little Viking is 9 months. It's incredible, truly!

Erik has 6 teeth. He is still in high level training in order to start crawling properly, BUT he is definitely on the move. If I sit him down at his toy box, I can be sure of finding him several meters away from it and probably not sitting any more. He is very good att turning around in sitting position, comes easily up to crawling position, can move backwards but has just not taken this first step forward. We are waiting with great excitement! :) He also has truly discovered and LOVES to walk when we hold his hands. I think this is his favourite thing right now.
He is more and more expressing himself with "mamama" and "dadada" and similar sounds. He also says "heeey", especially when he sees our cats or dog. He loves when we imitate him and laughs so easily. He's our chubby happy boy. Even now when he has got a slight cold from me (I have been way more sick than he or Jennifer), he eats and sleeps quite allright. Despite my constant coughing. Somewhere around midnight he usually wakes up and we co-sleep after that. It works best for us as he is not weaned yet. He loves both breastfeeding and co-sleeping, hence, right now I'm happy that he sleeps in his own bed until I go to bed.

 Erik loves toys on wheels. His favourite thing at the moment is a truck that I once bought for Jennifer and which she loved aswell. It plays more than 12 different sounds and melodies. But I think Erik likes it because of the wheels. He loves to sit and roll it forward and back. Today we also rolled the car between us - so much fun. He can not push it properly yet but he knows how to clap on it so it rolls away bit.

Erik loves bath-time. He splashes so the floor is wet and laughs a lot while doing it. Jennifer and Erik always bathe together, something they both appreciate very much.

Tomorrow it's time for his BCG vaccination (against tuberculosis). Hope his immunization process goes as smoothly as it did for Jennifer.

In the middle of September we visited a Viking market close by. It was a lot of fun, a great day outdoors. Jennifer enjoyed horseback-riding, as always :) She is already so stable on the horse back, sitting straight and keeping the balance.

As Erik is growing, Jennifer and he associate more and more. Jennifer really tries to entertain him or to involve him in a game. It's cute but we really must watch them carefully as Jennifer can be somewhat tuff on him sometimes when he doesn't do as she hopes him to do. But they do have a lot of fun together already!

Our treasures in a treasure box :)
Jennifer has given Bessie some extra attention lately.

She is just to CUTE, this little person! She talks very well now, correcting us if we say something in a silly way. Jenni is very caring. For example, she currently asks me every day how my throat is doing :) For couple of weeks ago, she quitted having her afternoon nap. She just wouldn't fall asleep anymore. It felt like an era had come to its end, a bit earlier than I thought. And she never even asked if I was ready to skip my afternoon rest!
She grows so quickly - on Saturday she will be 3 years. Incredible. 3 years ago they put her on my chest as she took her first breath of air. 3 years ago we planned to get pregnant again very soon. I had the most perfect uterus and was happily unaware of my cervical cancer that was obviously there, waiting to be diagnosed. So much has happened since that day. So much indeed. We have achieved so much!

1 comment: