Saturday, August 18, 2012

Speaking of India...


Yesterday, as we were walking home from Jennifers daycare, she wanted to talk about how we flew to India, what we did, saw and the people she met. I was so amazed about how much she remembers. She spoke even about Taj Mahal, which she saw when she was 14 months! She said she misses India, our surrogate, N, dr's Yash and Sudhir aswell as Amit and Heena. And Silky, the kids group teacher from the Lakeside Chalet. When we arrived back home, she insisted on a "dot in her forehead". And, she brought her favourite bathtube ducks and called them Roshan and Sidhi. :)
Today, walking the same road, she said "Mommy," - "Yes?" - "India. I like India. And I miss dr. Yash. I want to go to dr. Yash. Not to dr. Sudhir. To dr. Yash. And play with dr. Sudhir". Back home, she prompted me on showing her pictures from our last trip. Amazing, how many details and feelings she remembers and tells me about when she looks at those photos. Both me and Agne kind of thought that she was to small to be able to remember this fabulous adventure we took her on but, I believe, we were wrong. She is such a smart little girl, developing so much each day, really. Her vocabulary is great, she speaks clearly and is very good at expressing her feelings and intuitive about others emotions. This week, when the daycare opened again after summer break, Jennifer went there for the first time without diapers.  It works great and she quickly learned to tell the teachers when she needs to go to bathroom. :) She only has a diaper during nighttime now.
Trying on daddy's boxing gloves .)
The only thing Jennifer does not do so well is eating. On that point she is just like I was. She just does not have that big appetite and tends to prefer proteins and veggies, not carbs that are more rich in energy. Everybody says, kids grow so much during the summer but I really didn't believe she had done so. As I put on her pants for going to the daycare this monday, after 4 weeks at home, I got a view like this:
WOW! When I looked at her closer, her legs really had grown a lot!
Agne has started working again and is at the moment in Spain on a job conference. I was kind of spoilt during the summer, having him around most of the time so the first days without him made me missing him like crazy. Despite that, I have had a good routine for managing both kids well. Ever since Erik started to sit by himself, he is so much easier to deal with and to entertain. Jennifer too finds him more fun and tries to play with him :)


Our happy little boy is doing good. He still has 2 teeth, eats and sleeps well. He sits well and loves to play, reacts clearly on his name, loves to play pickaboo. No signs of wanting to crawl, yet, but he's more happy to lay on his tummy and can turn around in order to get a toy further away from him.

I have managed to program him to take his first nap as we walk at 10:30AM to pick up Jennifer from daycare. The second nap is coordinated with Jennifers afternoon nap at 2PM. Also at nights, Jennifer goes to bed at 8PM, whichafter Erik gets his evening cereal and goes to bed aswell. This has given me the whole new oportunity to do some very needed workout. During Agne's vacation I finally could start going out for running again. Wonderful but boy, was I in bad shape at the beginning.
I tried to weigh Erik at home the other day. According to it, he weights whooping 9,7 kg! 

At the sea with grandfather. Jennfier loves to join  him in his fishing boat along with daddy and see the eel 
That's all, folks! Thank you so much for reading and following.
Bessie loves to lay down close by when Erik is out
and playing

5 comments:

  1. Precious as always - thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really enjoyed reading how much Jennifer remembers about India. She definitely looks taller.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely post.

    P.S. Tell Jennifer we miss the Docs too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I swear I was thinking in the first pic how tall she has got and then when I was reading down realized how she has grown- : And your little viking is getting big as well!!!! They are just adorable and isnt it amazing how much she remembers - wow!!! K&J XXX

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Anu. I'm part of a crew, who is working on a swedish-danish-indian-performance about surrogacy. We have been following your blog with great interest. Can I maybe contact you by email? Please write me at: aso@globalstories.net.
    Best regards
    Anne Splittorff

    ReplyDelete