Monday, May 14, 2012

Be aware of my little gangsters!



Yeas, I'm still here! Living and loving. Following your blogs, enjoying your pictures, sharing your excitement, joy and grief. Here areour news, some in pictures :)

Jennifer's scar is healing well, as you see on the gangster picture. We are extremely careful not to expose it for sun as it could damage the scar tissue for evermore, leaving it miscoloured. Jenni still speaks a lot about "going to the doctor and get the foreheat stiched". If she would fall and hit her knee a bit, she would also need to "go to the doctor and get stiches in the forehead". When I told her that her daddy was visiting a dentist today, she also suggested the same treatment for daddy :)
Erik is getting better and better at grabbing and holding a toy. He also has started to  press out air between his lips and uses this as a way of communication :)

Bumbo really starts becoming useful
As I wrote last time, we have done some serious supplemental feeding, using Med.ela SNS and stored breastmilk. Boy, am I happy for all the milk I saved when I was pumping prior to his birth. He started on about 150 ml extra/day but can  now take about 200 or even more.
And now what?
Today was the moment of truth as we had our extra visit at the nurse. And did we get an eloge! Erik weights 7075g and is 63 cm tall. This means +625 g and 2 cm in 2 weeks. A welcome uppswing on his growth curve :)
With grandpa'  yesterday. Ain't he a little more cheeky compared to other pics?
Happy girl in her sandbox
Today, after daycare, Jenni suggested we would go and see some horses. So we did! :)

When Jennifer was 4 months, I used a self-knitted overall for her. She was cheeky and cute as Buddha and I found her to be very similar to the only toy that's left from my childhood, called (in Estonian) Jonnipunn. I just had to take a similar picture of Erik aswell. Unfortunately I didn't had fresh in my memory, exactly where in the sofa she sat nor how close I was with my camera. But here's the result :)

2 comments:

  1. I love the photo of Erik in his bumbo! What a gorgeous boy. I have locked my blog down again so if you still want access email me at heffkamp@bigpond.net.au

    ReplyDelete